Benefits of using SafeSend Returns™:
- Receive your tax returns securely without the need to setup an account
- Accessible across all platforms: computer, smartphone, or tablet
- Electronically sign your federal and state e-file authorizations (8879), no printing or mailing necessary
- Receive payment reminder e-mails
- Download a copy of your tax return
- For businesses, conveniently distribute your K-1s electronically
How Does the SafeSend Returns™ Process Work?
- You’ll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Please add these email addresses to your safe senders list.
- Touey & Company, LLC will be indicated in the email.
- This email will contain a safe link for you to access your tax return.
- You’ll be prompted to enter the last four digits of your SSN or EIN in order to review your return.
- Then, SafeSend will email you an access code to further verify your identity. Check your spam or junk folders if you don’t see it in your inbox. You must enter the code within 10 minutes of receipt. If the code isn’t entered within 10 minutes, you can request another.
When you’re ready to sign your e-file authorization form(s), you’ll be asked three simple questions to verify your identity.
**Note: This step is for 1040 clients only
If you are filing jointly, SafeSend will ask you to type in the email address of your spouse. They will then receive email notification to access SafeSend and sign the e-file authorization form(s).
**Note: This step is for 1040 clients only.
If the return includes K-1s to be distributed, you have the option of emailing K-1s to the recipients. Simply enter their email address.
**Note: This step is for 1041 and 1065/1120 clients only.
- Once you’ve signed the e-file authorization form(s), Touey & Company, LLC will be automatically notified and will complete the rest of the e-file process.